By Roger Hoover / Smokies Radio Network
The 2012 campaign of Smokies baseball is off to a good start, as Tennessee won 4-1 over Chattanooga last night at AT&T Field. As we talked about on the Tenth Inning Wrap-Up Show, it was really a night dominated by good pitching, as starter Nick Struck recorded a career-high 10 strikeouts en route to victory.
It’s time for today’s What We’re Reading, but coming up later today we’ll post a video interview with Chattanooga broadcaster Larry Ward as well as a full preview of tonight’s second game of the series.
- Chattanooga Times Free Press: Tennessee Smokies top Chattanooga Lookouts
- MILB.com: BayBears’ Bauer virtually unhittable
- Des Moines Register: Extra firepower helps Iowa Cubs win opener
- Chicago Tribune: Heartening start turns heartbreaking for Cubs
- Chicago Sun-Times: Sun-Times back page throws Theo Epstein for a loop
- Yahoo Big League Stew Blog: Rangers unveil Shannon and Cooper Stone statue
- The New York Times: At Home, the Mets Pay Tribute to Carter