By Roger Hoover / Smokies Radio Network
The Tennessee Smokies come home to Smokies Park with one of the best records in the Southern League, having taken four of five from division rival Chattanooga at AT&T Park in the season’s first series.
Elliot Soto’s ninth inning RBI triple proved the difference on Monday night, as the Smokies took the finale 3-2. Tennessee enters the Jackson series with a 4-1 record, the same record as the Generals through the first five games.
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Familiar faces highlight Smokies’ pitching staff
- Bleed Cubbie Blue: Cubs Minor League Wrap April 9
- Chicago Tribune: Brewers, Ramirez get best of Cubs
- Chicago Sun-Times: Aramis Ramirez says he has ‘no hard feelings’ toward Cubs
- Grantland: MLB Power Rankings, Week 1
- Los Angeles Times: For Vin Scully, the view from Dodger Stadium never gets old
- Ken Rosenthal / Fox Sports: This time Guillen has gone too far