By Roger Hoover / Smokies Radio Network
The Tennessee Smokies’ losing streak now stands at a season-long five-games after falling to the Jackson Generals 6-4 on Saturday night at Pringles Park.
A bright spot for the Smokies was right fielder Mike Burgess, who doubled and homered in the contest. Tennessee will look to avoid a sweep in a 3:05 p.m. ET contest on Sunday afternoon in Jackson.
- Knoxville News-Sentinel: Smokies lose fifth in a row
- The Jackson Sun: Generals win fifth straight ballgame
- Bleed Cubbie Blue: Cubs Minor League Wrap: April 28
- Chicago Tribune: Wells can’t survive rocky 4th in 5-2 loss
- MLB.com: Clevenger placed on DL with oblique strain
- Chicago Sun-Times: Cubs’ cold dish: Geovany Soto under pressure from Welington Castillo
- The New York Times: Trying to Draw Fans in a Baseball Town
- The Washington Post: Nationals vs. Dodgers: Bryce Harper dazzles, Los Angeles wins in 10
- Keith Olbermann: UPDATED: Mantle and Harper…and Vin Scully
- San Jose Mercury News: Anxiety disorders like Aubrey Huff’s largely misunderstood