By Roger Hoover / Smokies Radio Network
The Tennessee Smokies continue to play winning baseball, extending their winning streak to five straight with Friday’s 4-3 win over Mississippi at Smokies Park.
This is the longest winning streak of the season for Tennessee, and the Smokies can wrap up a series victory against the Braves as early as tonight’s third game of the series.
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Former All-Star catcher Welington Castillo has good first night with Smokies, goes 2-for-3
- Jackson Clarion Ledger: M-Braves leave bases load, fall to Smokies
- Bleed Cubbie Blue: Cubs Minor League Wrap: June 8
- Chicago Tribune: Cubs have no plans to bring up Rizzo, Vitters
- Chicago Tribune: Soriano hot while Cubs are frigid
- Chicago Sun-Times: Cubs catcher Welington Castillo rehabs with Knoxville
- Yahoo’s Big League Stew: Yankees, Mets attendance is down, but why?
- The New York Times: Viola-Darling Pitching Duel in 1981 Has Not Been Forgotten
- Atlanta Journal Constitution: Smoltz calls no. 29 retirement coolest moment of his life