By Roger Hoover / Smokies Radio Network
The Tennessee Smokies kept their playoff hopes alive by defeating the Chattanooga Lookouts 5-1 on Monday night at Smokies Park.
The Smokies are now five games back of first-place Chattanooga with 13 games left to play in the regular season.
– Knoxville News Sentinel: Smokies surge past Lookouts, 5-1
– Bleed Cubbie Blue: Cubs Minor League Wrap: August 20
– Chicago Tribune: Cubs catchers battling for 2013 starting job
– Chicago Tribune: Cubs’ Rusin to make major league debut on Tuesday
– Chicago Sun-Times: Brett Jackson, Josh Vitters shouldn’t be troubled by slow start
– CSN Chicago: ‘The jury’s still out’ on Cubs catchers
– ESPN: 17 days in November
– The Hardball Times: Nationals pitching prospects can’t mirror their team’s major league success.
– Yahoo’s Big League Stew: Roger Clemens throws a bullpen session (Video)
– Fox Sports: Rosenthal: Should Rays consider trading Price?
– The New York Times: The Mets’ Only First-Place Hope
– Sports Illustrated: MLB Must Overhaul Drug Program