By Roger Hoover / Smokies Radio Network
The Smokies and Cubs both fell on the wrong end of pitchers’ duels on Wednesday, with both clubs falling to identical 2-1 scores to Jackson and Milwaukee respectively.
The Cubs have already lost their series against Milwaukee, and the Generals are on the verge of winning the series against Tennessee, having won the first two games.
The Smokies will try to bounce back in this series in tonight’s third game with right-hander Dallas Beeler on the mound. Starting for the Generals is right-hander Brandon Maurer, and first pitch is scheduled for 7:15 p.m.
– Knoxville News Sentinel: Ninth-inning homer dooms Smokies, 2-1
– Knoxville News Sentinel: Biggest hit in the stands for Smokies
– Bleed Cubbie Blue: Cubs Minor League Wrap: April 11
– MiCubs.com: Scouting McNutt, Antigua, and Rhoderick
– Chicago Tribune: Cubs waste another fine start
– Chicago Tribune: Cubs broadcaster Hughes: ‘I try not to let the losing get me down’
– Chicago Sun-Times: Ryan Braun says he tunes out ‘creative’ barbs from fans
– MLB.com : Soto introduces levity with young Dolis
– ESPNBoston.com : Terry Francona: Wounds too fresh
– Yahoo’s Big League Stew: Jeff Francoeur sends 20 pizzas to A’s fans
– Grantland: Castrogate Follies