By Roger Hoover / Smokies Radio Network
The Tennessee Smokies closed out a strong month of June with a 3-2 victory against the Birmingham Barons on Saturday at Smokies Park.
The win clinched a series victory for the Smokies, who have now won five of their last six series. Tennessee starts a three-game series against the Chattanooga Lookouts on Sunday at AT&T Field.
- Bleed Cubbie Blue: Cubs Minor League Wrap: June 30
- Chicago Tribune: New outfield for Cubs vs. Astros
- Chicago Tribune: Soler signing big deal for Cubs’ future
- Chicago Tribune: Rizzo HR makes a winner of Cubs, Garza
- Chicago Sun-Times: Cubs’ future rests with Anthony Rizzo for now, Jorge Soler for later
- CSN Chicago: Soriano not fighting rare day off
- Yahoo’s Big League Stew: Jim Thome finds new home in Baltimore
- The New York Times: Santana, Out of the Spotlight Lately, Has an Outing That Commands Attention
- The Washington Post: Harper Shouldn’t Be an All-Star Yet